Friday, March 25, 2016

Creating your own product (kind of)

Who is going to take my money?!?!?


One of the major tasks that I took on when I decided to jump on Ebay to make a living, was sourcing/coming up with my own products to sell.  You can read about some great spots to find stuff to sell here: Finding products!

 When I say this I don’t mean that you have to invent something new; this could be as simple as purchasing a tough to find item that you needed for yourself.  Solving a problem is the best product to sell!  It does not have to solve everyone’s problems, it just needs to solve somebody’s.  An example of this would be if you were looking for a specific bolt for your motorcycle.  You search all over google for it using what you would think would be standard terms.  You find nothing.  Eventually, you do find the size of the bolts, and order yourself a bunch wholesale.  Now you just need to create a compelling ad, list those bolts up and solve those peoples problem. 
Solve a problem!

This does not just go for manufactured products either!  This can be a written product that you create!  A D.I.Y., how to, or instructional E-book, course etc… If you deal with a common problem (such as learning guitar chords) once you have your solution, write a tutorial.  This does not just have to be to sell, it can also be used as a gift for your subscribers. 

This should be enough to start my empire...

When you find a problem should you just buy a million pallets of them and list them up?  Probably not!  Take a look on Ebay, Amazon and whatever site you are looking to work on and see what the competition is.  Make sure to search for Keywords that best describe your solution to see how many are out there (if any) and how many are selling.



Obviously, if you are looking for it, somebody else is as well.  In closing, I have tweaked my daily mindset to always be looking for a problem to solve.  This sounds simple, and once you make it a focus you will find that it is!  I have a few solutions up on my Ebay store currently, feel free to check them out and let me know what you think: EBAY!!  Also, once you are done purchasing every item that I offer in my store, please head over to my work in progress: TheEbayExperiment.com

No comments:

Post a Comment