Monday, March 28, 2016

Why follow up?

Why follow up?

I received a question today regarding Ebay.  The question was “why follow up after I have the sale?”
I think that this is a solid question, especially if you have never been in sales before.  I have been in sales for over 10 years now, and one of the major things that I swear by is follow up.  There are a few reasons why I feel that it is this important:

1.        It keeps you and your business fresh in your customers’ minds.  If you sell widgets, keep in touch, be “their” widget store!  I know that if you need my product today, odds are good that you will need more of my product later.  Keep in touch!

2.       New widgets/products and maybe even ask for referrals!  Having customers opt in to your newsletter, is a great start.  Explain the benefits of “being in the know” regarding your store, and keep them in the loop with what is coming soon.  You can also offer coupons, notify them of sales etc…

3.       Nip problems before they start!  I have found that solid follow up allows me to address and correct any issues that may arise, long before feedback is left.  This not only corrects any issues, but it tends to make people more inclined to leave you the positive feedback that you have earned!


4.       Constructive criticism.  I love feedback on my products as well as my customer service.  When I follow up I tend to ask if they were happy with their purchase, and if there was anything about the process that they would change.

No comments:

Post a Comment